Founded in June of 2012, Coinbase is a digital currency wallet and platform where merchants and consumers can transact with new digital currencies like bitcoin, ethereum, and litecoin. based in San Francisco, California.
Bitcoin is the world’s most widely used alternative currency with a total market cap of over $100 billion. The bitcoin network is made up of thousands of computers run by individuals all over the world.
Coinbase is a secure online platform for buying, selling, transferring, and storing digital currency. Our mission is to create an open financial system for the world and to be the leading global brand for helping people convert digital currency into and out of their local currency.
- We make buying and selling digital currency easy.
- Sending or receiving digital currency between online wallets, friends, or merchants on Coinbase is free!*
- We handle security and backups so you don’t have to worry.
- We are a “one stop shop” – we offer a wallet, an exchange, and merchant tools within one simple interface.
- Coinbase is a platform on which many applications are being built using our API.